Wednesday, February 18, 2015

NE Times: Martina White Letter to the Editor

Tax dol­lars to good use
Dur­ing my ca­reer as a fin­an­cial ad­viser I have helped hun­dreds of hard-work­ing fam­il­ies plan for a bet­ter fu­ture. I found most of the people I met had sim­il­ar goals. They want to pay off their debt, have a sav­ings, ac­cess to a qual­ity edu­ca­tion for their kids and save enough for re­tire­ment. Those goals are get­ting harder and harder to achieve.
I saw so much of the fam­il­ies’ in­come go­ing to­ward taxes and tu­ition costs that I de­cided I needed to do something more pro­act­ive to help people. That’s why I am run­ning for state rep­res­ent­at­ive in a spe­cial elec­tion on March 24. We have too many politi­cians who are more in­ter­ested in lin­ing their own pock­ets than help­ing the people who are count­ing on them. 
I’m run­ning be­cause I know Har­ris­burg needs my fin­an­cial ex­pert­ise. Too many people there look at our tax money as “rev­en­ue” for them to spend on polit­ic­al fa­vors in­stead of the over­time people are work­ing just to pay the mort­gage. I un­der­stand the dol­lars the state has to spend came out of your pock­et first and I will hold them ac­count­able on how they spend it. We de­serve bet­ter, that’s why I’m ask­ing for your vote.
MAR­TINA WHITE
Can­did­ate for State Rep­res­ent­at­ive
Read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment