Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Northeast Times: Adcock promises to donate salary to charity

Adcock promises to donate salary to charity


Dee Ad­cock, the Re­pub­lic­an can­did­ate in the 13th Con­gres­sion­al Dis­trict, has prom­ised to donate his salary to char­ity, if elec­ted.
Ad­cock, who faces Demo­crat Brendan Boyle, made the an­nounce­ment last week dur­ing a news con­fer­ence out­side the Bustleton Bengals youth sports or­gan­iz­a­tion.
“If you send me to Wash­ing­ton, while I’m work­ing to fix the sys­tem to re­store the Amer­ic­an Dream for the for­got­ten work­er, I will donate my en­tire after-tax paycheck to loc­al char­it­able or­gan­iz­a­tions here in North­east Philly and Mont­gomery County,” he said. “My hope is that this ex­ample of per­son­al ac­tion will let people know I’m one of them and that I’m run­ning for of­fice for the right reas­ons, to serve oth­ers rather than to serve my­self. I’m con­fid­ent this policy will set the right tone for me and my staff, both now and in the years ahead.
“More than that, this idea really en­er­gizes and ex­cites me… the fun of work­ing with the com­munity to in­vest real money in­to loc­al schools, youth or­gan­iz­a­tions, civic groups, green space and trail pro­jects, soup kit­chens, ad­op­tion agen­cies, wo­men’s shel­ters and more. It’s bet­ter to give than to re­ceive, and I in­vite you, my friends and neigh­bors here in North­east Philly and Mont­gomery County, to join me in a new at­ti­tude to­ward hold­ing of­fice, an at­ti­tude of serving oth­ers rather than serving your­self, an at­ti­tude of char­ity, an at­ti­tude of ac­tion.”
Read more Here

No comments:

Post a Comment